Turner Classic Movies (TCM) today announced the launch of its first ever-official fan club, TCM Backlot, which will serve as the ultimate destination for enthusiasts of TCM. TCM Backlot will give fans unprecedented access to all things TCM including exclusive content, never-before-seen talent interviews, archival videos from the TCM vault, an exclusive TCM podcast, as well as opportunities to win visits to the TCM set, attend meet and greets with TCM hosts and the opportunity to influence programming through online votes. TCM Backlot can be accessed at tcmbacklot.com for an $87 annual fee and will be available for fans to join on April 27, as a kick-off to the 7th annual TCM Classic Film Festival which begins the next day in Hollywood. The fan club was created in partnership with fullcube, a platform integrating and automating subscription-based businesses.
[icon style=”icon-film” size=”small” borders=”no”] Watch a video telling you all about it below:
“Creating a fan club allows us to super-serve and further engage with our most passionate and devoted fans,” said Jennifer Dorian, general manager of TCM. We are always looking for exciting and immersive brand extension opportunities and TCM Backlot offers just that – allowing fans the ability to go behind-the-scenes and dive deeper into the world of TCM, providing a consistently updated fan experience filled with entertaining content and engaging opportunities.”
“The creation of TCM Backlot shines a spotlight on the tremendous opportunities for media companies, like TCM, to transform their relationship with consumers,” said David Hickson, co-founder and CEO of fullcube. “Fullcube’s capabilities help create a brand extension for TCM by bundling a wide variety of engaging assets such as digital content, e-commerce, event and experiential assets, into a premium subscription offering delivering exclusive benefits to classic movie lovers.”
TCM Backlot will provide members with robust access to TCM content, talent, programming and events. Membership highlights include:
- Programming Influence – receive an advance look at TCM programming and have the opportunity to influence the schedule of movies through contests and voting.
- Guest Programmer – enter to win an opportunity to co-host a night of movies with a TCM host.
- On-set Tours – win the opportunity to tour the TCM set and watch a TCM production being shot as well as interact with TCM hosts and crew.
- VIP Event Access & Members-Only Events – enjoy exclusive access to special events during the annual TCM Classic Film Festival and the TCM Cruise, as well as exclusive events at historical Hollywood sites and members-only TCM Bus Tour events
- Giveaways and Discounts – receive discounts to TCM related events, tours and merchandise as well as contest givaways of TCM merchandise.
For more information on TCM Backlot, please click here or visit tcmbacklot.com.