I'd like to acknowledge all the help I had with creating this Clark Gable site and the following information is here for that purpose. In order to be as factual as possible, I used many references and I have listed below as many as possible. Most images have been personally scanned from books.
If you think there is an image or information on this site which is yours and being used without permission, please contact me immediately.
While most of the material presented here is available at public libraries, video or commercial photo dealers, this site is in no way trying to infringe upon the respective copyrights of the businesses of these entities, Fair Use Clause of Section 107 of the amended Copyright Act of 1976.
also used the Internet
Movie Database as a source and I recommend you go
there to find out even more about Clark.
I used the following sources:
- The Complete Films of Clark Gable by Gabe Essoe, Citadel Press , 1970
- Hurrell's Hollywood Portraits, the Chapman Collection by Mark A. Vieira, Harry N. Abrams, Inc. publishers, 1997
- Hollywood Portraits by Roger Hicks and Christopher Nisperos, Amphoto Books, New York, 2000
- Movie-Star Portraits of the Forties, by John Kobal, Dover, 1977
- The Pictorial Treasury of Film Stars - Clark Gable by Rene Jordan
- The Movies Revised Edition by Richard Griffith and Art Mayer, A Fireside Book published by Simon and Schuster, 1970
- David O. Selznick's Hollywood, Bonanza Books, New York, 1980
- Memo from David O. Selznick, selected and edited by Rudy Behlmer, first published in 1972 by The Viking Press
- Clark Gable, A Biography by Warren G. Harris, Harmony Books, 2002
- Uncommon Knowledge by Judy Lewis, Pocket Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc, New York, NY 1994
Thanks to Picturegoer online for their wonderful photos
If you feel I've forgotton you, please email me immediately.